If you’re thinking ahead to your next dream home, the road you need to take to get there may seem confusing. Do you search for listings on REALTOR.ca? Drop by Open Houses on the weekends? Call the number on For Sale signs?
Let’s break it all down! Here are the specific steps you need to take to ensure you find a home that fits your wants, needs and budget.
- If you currently own your own home, choose a REALTOR® and invite them over to find out how much your current property will likely sell for on today’s market. A market analysis and consultation is free and non obligatory!
- Arrange for financing, so you know what you can afford. If you aren’t sure who to call, I’d be happy to refer you to some of the best mortgage specialists around!
- Select neighbourhoods you’d love to live in. (That may involve some fun exploring!)
- Decide on the type of home you want to buy. (For example: detached, three-bedroom, etc.
- Prioritize the property features you want most, so you can be flexible if a feature is missing from a home listed on the market that is otherwise ideal.
- Arrange a time with your REALTOR® to view properties that closely fit your criteria. (Tip: Arrange to be immediately notified of new listings that are a good fit for you.)
- When you find a home you want, your REALTOR® will draft an offer with you, outlining conditions such as home inspection, insurance, financing and closing date, and of course guide you on price!
- Negotiate until you secure the deal. This may involve counter-offers, but that’s ok! We can go back and forth as many times as need be to hammer out the right deal!
- Once the negotiation is skillfully done and all of your conditions have been satisfied, when the closing date rolls around, the home is yours!
As you can see, there isn’t a lot of mystery in finding your next dream home. You just need to take the steps and get the professional help you need along the way.
Looking for a REALTOR® that can get you to the finish line? You’ve come to the right place! Contact Team Kari McBride today!